Working out is the last thing we want to think about as the holidays approach. But (and that’s a big BUTT) if you don’t start now your beautiful shape you worked hard to maintain throughout the year could turn to drab-flab by 2012. According to HealthGuidance.org, the average North American gains 7 to 12 pounds over the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.
If you are still rolling your eyes at the idea of working out, just imagine you looking gorgeous in that slinky, hot, red dress at the holiday party. Mmm hmm, all eyes will be on you strutting across the dance floor. Come on, close your eyes and imagine all eyes on YOU. Good!
Now that you have the image, let’s make your fabulous holiday body a reality.
SEXY BUTT, LEGS, & ABS
Heidi Klum’s trainer, David Kirsch, tells Self Magazine how he keeps his celebrity client in shape.
Kirsch has a variety of exercise in the Butt Book: sumo lunges, platypus walk, plie squats, which are very effective for shaping and toning your butt. To get Klum’s sexy legs, butt, and abs you should stick to variations of the below workout (MarieClaire.com):
1. 20 minutes of cardio activity: If you work out in a gym, try running on an elliptical trainer or riding an exercise bike with little or no resistance. If you work out at home, try walking briskly, jogging, or shadow boxing.
2. 20 squats: Stand with your hands by your sides. Sit back while raising your arms in front of you for balance until thighs are parallel to the floor. Resume your starting position.
3. 20 lunges: Stand with your hands on your hips. Step forward with your right leg until your right thigh is parallel to the floor. Resume your starting position, then step forward with your left leg.
4. 25 dead lifts: Stand with your arms hanging in front of your body with a three to five-pound weight in each hand. Bend forward from your waist until your knuckles touch the floor. Resume your starting position.
5. 40 crunches
6. 40 reverse curls: Lie on your back with your arms by your sides. Raise your legs toward the ceiling until they are perpendicular to it. Raise and then lower your butt two to four inches off the floor.
Here is a Kirsch video to get you started…