I can already hear you getting angry about referencing to Britney’s car etiquette and being lady like. Well, before you get your panties in a bunch I will jump to her defense. Exiting a car WITHOUT giving a crotch shot is pretty complicated…
See, I told you it’s hard.
BTW- I still rock I’m a Slave 4 U and Stronger. They are such good songs to dance around my room and getting ready to go out, but I digress. This is about exiting a car with style and grace.
The main point to remember is keeping those legs closed, but that is the hardest thing to do when you need to exit a low sitting seat in a car or climbing out of a large truck or SUV. If you’re anything like me you like mini skirts, shorts, flowing sun dresses, and any clothing item that makes you look hot. In an effort to combine your fabulous clothing options and a great ride use my tips to help you exit a car with lady-like charm.
BTW- My tips are tried and true. While working on the Price is Right I had to exit all sorts of automobiles with a cocktail dress, swimsuit, or tiny shorts in front of camera’s and an audience. Trust me…I’ve got this movement down.
- Straighten out your skirt or dress by pulling it down as far as it can go and flatten out the top over your legs.
- Close your legs so your knees are touching.
- If you are at a valet or on a date allow the person on the out side of your door to open the door.
- With one hand on top of your lap hold the skirt down and in place, use the other hand to position yourself correctly on the seat to move your legs. So, 1 hand on lap, 1 hand on seat of car, legs together.
- Swing your legs smoothly (not like you’re racing to get out) from the inside of the car to the outside of the car.
- Use your hand to push off the seat of the car to help lift you. If you have a person’s hand, grab his/her hand to give you the stability to stand.
- Be sure to give your head room so you will not hit the top of the car. Don’t lean too much, you don’t want your boobs to become the show either.
- Practice, practice, practice! All 7 steps should be smooth and clean, so practice whenever you get out of your car alone while running around town.
Extra Tips: If you are wearing a long skirt hold the skirt on your lap, near your knees at step 1. Then, release the skirt at step 5 after your feet are stable and on the ground.
The following are some lovely ladies exiting a car with elegance…